[Ltru] More about Description fields

Marion Gunn mgunn at egt.ie
Thu Dec 14 12:35:23 CET 2006

On 13 Dec 2006, at 22:50, scríobh CE Whitehead:
> I've always referred to the Celtic language of Scotland as Scots
> Gaelic as opposed to Scots dialect which is English spoken as the
> Scottish folk speak it.
> However apparently Scots is now the term for the Scottish variety
> of English

The name "Scots" refers to the Germanic language indigenous to Scotland.

This debate reminds me of how long it and how much damage it took for
Reuters to stop calling Bosnian by some other name.

Now going offline to attend a lunch a group I belong to is giving for
the Slovenian Ambassador, whose opinion we respect and who respects
ours.
mg

- -
Marion Gunn * EGTeo (Estab.1991)