Name changes in ISO 639-2

Don Osborn dzo at bisharat.net
Mon Dec 11 11:03:15 CET 2006

Hi Doug. I assume the page you are referring to is http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_changes.php ? If so, thanks for going to the trouble to list the old names along with the new. I am not sure what the RA's practice is, but if this has not gone out to the Linguist list, it could be forwarded - recalling here the recent exchange with Elizabeth Pyatt on involvement of linguists in the process of adopting and keeping codes for languages. In fact, I'd be happy to do that (once I'm past a couple of major items today).

Don

(NB, I added the second n in Alemannic in the text below per your other email)