[Ltru] Re: LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM: Uralic Phonetic Alphabet

Addison Phillips addison at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Dec 7 17:12:13 CET 2006

No, you don't need to. The "prefix" field is optional (although no
variant has been registered without one at present---this would be the
first).  You can have multiple prefixes in the initial request or add
them all in one go. But in this case having none at all is probably better.

Addison

Martin Hosken wrote:
> Dear Marion,
>> I can support the proposal below, as a quick fix.
>> Many thanks,
>> mg

>>> trying to find a way to tag phonetic content (primarily IPA) and most
>>> solutions involve an ISO 15924 registration...
>>From my naive reading of 4646 I am under the impression that all
> language variants like this must be registered *per language*. Do I need
> to write some Perl to make the 7000 submissions for IPA? Or is there to
> be a mechanism for registering script variants like this (pretty please)?
>
> Yours,
> Martin Hosken

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Yahoo! Inc.