Languages and Scripts

Mark Davis mark.davis at icu-project.org
Thu Aug 31 02:59:58 CEST 2006

In Unicode, we've had two lists of language-script mappings:

A. One collected through CLDR:
http://www.unicode.org/cldr/data/charts/supplemental/languages_and_scripts.html

B. One collected separately:
http://www.unicode.org/onlinedat/languages-scripts.html

We'd like to reconcile these, putting the results into the CLDR side (A),
since that is machine-readable. Our office manager put together a list of
differences:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=o14286843142692399107.2061546873288306951
contains a list of prospective additions from (B). Questions /comments are
in column D.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=o14286843142692399107.4615173316748677107
contains a list of languages from (B) that we don't have the codes for.

If anyone can help to answer the questions, or supply the missing language
codes, we'd appreciate it. (I can take separate feedback, or if someone can
do more, I can give online write access to the above.)

Mark