Request for variant subtag: western

Mark Davis mark.davis at icu-project.org
Wed Aug 30 00:45:57 CEST 2006

There are no grounds in the RFC for denying the request on the basis that
unrelated variants must all be requested at once. The RFC specifically
allows for additional variants and additional prefixes to be added
successively.

I will be submitting a similar form for Eastern, since that is the other
variant needed for Armenian. (I waited just so the dust would settle on this
one.) But there is no need to register others until evidence has been shown
for usage, nor are we even allowed to register others until evidence has
been shown for usage.

Mark