Request for variant subtag: western

Mark Davis mark.davis at icu-project.org
Wed Aug 30 00:25:13 CEST 2006

The goal of RFC3066bis is to distinguish important cases, and the
distinction between Western Armenian and Eastern Armenian is *far* more
significant than the distinction between de and de-1901 or en-GB-oed and
en-GB, and far more important than the distinction between en and en-boont.

The text of RFC3066bis specifically recognizes that the same variant subtag
might be applicable to multiple prefixes; the meaning of the variant is
relevant to that prefix.

Mark