Unilingua

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Tue Sep 20 09:03:47 CEST 2005

Tex Texin <tex at xencraft dot com> wrote:

> However I took the statement that there aren't 50 example documents
> that could be found for Unlingua to mean that there might not have
> been that many written. Given that it was an invented language and I
> don't believe it had many users, it didn't seem worth the trouble to
> create a special tag for it. If the facts are otherwise I am fine with
> it. I didn't want to collect tags unnecessarily.

I make no claim that there are 50 example documents in Unilingua.  There
might not be five.  I regarded the 50-document requirement as a
criterion for registration under ISO 639-2, not necessarily for
registration under RFC 3066.

Perhaps the sole benefit of this whole Unilingua thread has been to
cause us to examine what we think "unnecessarily" or "worth the trouble"
means.  It is clear we have differing views on that.

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California