Unilingua

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Sat Sep 17 02:21:55 CEST 2005

> From: ietf-languages-bounces at alvestrand.no [mailto:ietf-languages-
> bounces at alvestrand.no] On Behalf Of Doug Ewell

> Unilingua was invented by a French author, Noubar Agopoff, in 1965.
> Apparently he was just as serious in his effort as Dr. Zamenhof,
though
> not as successful.  This is not a hobbyist endeavor, like so many of
the
> "conlangs" found on Langmaker and other Internet sites.
>
> Any reason why this should *not* be a candidate for registration,
either
> under ISO/DIS 639-3 or, failing that, under RFC 3066 or its proposed
> successor?

If there's some body of literature and a user community requiring
support for the language in IT infrastructures, I think it would be a
candidate for ISO 639-3. But I'm not inclined to think we need to go out
scouring the world for these. If and when a community arises with a
need, I'm sure they'll come asking.

Peter Constable