Unilingua

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Fri Sep 16 16:53:52 CEST 2005

We have registered tags for Boontling, Enochian, Mingo, and Scouse.

In LTRU we are discussing, very seriously and purposefully, adding
support for ISO 639-3 in the future, which would add the next 6,700
languages and 350 "extended languages" that WEREN'T used widely enough
to justify an ISO 639-2 code element.

We're also talking, at least peripherally, about supporting ISO 639-6 in
a still-later version.  That could add as many as 13,000 more codes for
almost every imaginable dialect and spoken or written variation.

If registering one more constructed-language tag is going to cause
problems of scale, we'd better rethink some of those other plans.

(BTW, it would have to be "x-uniling" or some such, due to length
constraints.)

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California