Scottish English

Marion Gunn mgunn at egt.ie
Sat Oct 22 19:49:07 CEST 2005

Scríobh John Clews (in response to someone else):

> Why don't you just read and understand the relevant standards, assess
> their strengths and limitations, and their suitability for different
> purposes, and then you dont' need to ask (or burden the list with) any
> silly questions.
>
> John Clews

Dear John, my old friend,

I hope this finds you well and still representing BSI interests in ISO circles.

Please remember our once-shared view that there are no silly questions
(only silly answers)!

I am speaking to you now as one who, as you well know, fought so hard
over the years (as for many years Ireland's only ISO/TC 37
representative at that time and as Head of NSAI's ISO/TC 46 Delegation)
to get ISO langtags for Manx and Cornish, etc., who finds herself now in
the position of having to ask you what BSI's stand is now in re the
several points raised under the Subject Line "Scottish English" on this
list in recent days.

If you can not address those points, it's quite acceptable for you to
ask someone else to answer for you, if you would prefer.

With concern,
mg

--

Marion Gunn * EGTeo (Estab.1991)