Scottish English

Mark Davis mark.davis at icu-project.org
Fri Oct 21 21:54:15 CEST 2005

I don't know that I would put it quite so strongly; many nations have
stable internal divisions. However, I agree with the main point, which
is that in its current state, it is not anywhere near complete enough to
use, does not distinguish between stable and unstable codes, and is not
accessible. Thus the ISO 3166-2 codes are essentially useless for
application within any other standard, including language tagging.