Scottish English

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Thu Oct 20 17:18:16 CEST 2005

Marion Gunn scripsit:

> If Scots, tag it as Scots, if English, tag it as EN plus COUNTRY CODE
> for Scotland (that country which has been around a lot longer than a lot
> of other countries, and bound to outlive them).

Currently there is no country code for Scotland other than GB.

If you wish this changed (and I'm certainly not against it), talk to BSI,
as they are the *only* authority that can do anything about it (by requesting
codes from UNSD, who then passes them to ISO 3166/MA).

--
John Cowan  cowan at ccil.org  www.reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan
Heckler: "Go on, Al, tell 'em all you know.  It won't take long."