David Crystal's red alert

Marion Gunn mgunn at egt.ie
Mon Nov 21 13:42:43 CET 2005

Scríobh Doug Ewell:
> Maybe someone should write to Professor Crystal and ask what he thinks
> of RFC 3066 and language tagging, instead of putting words in his mouth.

Perhaps you should. As well as his being a good lecturer, he and his
wife are gracious in company, consistently generous and respectful
(having seen one of my books, they sent me three of his with a letter to
cherish).

mg

ps.
Wouldn't it be great if BSI could muster a standing advisory panel of
university experts in lingustics, such as Professor Crystal, advancing
user issues supported by the late John Clews (use of UK, etc.).
mg
--

Marion Gunn * EGTeo (Estab.1991)
27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn, Baile an