ISO 3166-2 and GA-UK

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Mon Nov 7 21:04:57 CET 2005

Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:

> Why dont you use ga-GB for this purpose? GB is the ISO 3166
> code for the nation in question, including Northern Ireland.

Better ga without region code, if there's no huge difference
between ga-IE and ga-GB.  Region codes in language tags don't
indicate the physical location of the author / speaker, they
are for real and important differences in the language.

Sometimes I use de-CH-1996 with the precise meaning "no sz and
new orthography" - last time I visited CH was long before 1996.

                             Bye, Frank