Distinguishing Greek and Greek

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Wed Mar 9 02:28:03 CET 2005

At 17:14 -0800 2005-03-08, Deborah Goldsmith wrote:
>I agree that this situation is similar to that
>for Simplified and Traditional Han characters,
>and I believe it should be handled the same way
>(with a variant script identifier, as Mark
>proposes).

It is not, as script variants are defined in ISO 15924.

I have, however, done my best point you to the
solution, which is the same one you use for
distinctions in German spelling. You have 1901
and 1996 spelling, and you have country variants
for where there are differences like
Januar/Jänner heißen/heissen. Language tagging.