Distinguishing Greek and Greek

Addison Phillips addison.phillips at quest.com
Tue Mar 8 19:41:26 CET 2005

Since that isn't a script or regional difference, I would presume that these would take the form of a "variant" (in RFC 3066bis terms). The exception would be if ISO 15924 were to consider these to be different scripts (I don't believe they are) and assign separate codes to them.

If the foregoing is true then subtags that distinguish the forms should be at least five letters long to ensure future compatibility.

"el-monoton", "el-polyton" ??

Regards,

Addison

Addison P. Phillips
Globalization Architect, Quest Software
Chair, W3C Internationalization Core Working Group

Internationalization is not a feature.
It is an architecture.