Mandarin Chinese, Simplified Script

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Wed Jun 15 20:45:32 CEST 2005

> From: ietf-languages-bounces at alvestrand.no [mailto:ietf-languages-
> bounces at alvestrand.no] On Behalf Of Karen_Broome at spe.sony.com

> (Peter, should I just send my Excel spreadsheet in text format to the
list
> for discussion or is it fairly obvious stuff for this group?)

Well, there were a number of issues we went over, including various
things in the file you sent me that needed to be changed, or that
required registration of a tag. If you've made corrections, then you
could extract the items for which you still need a solution (were there
any that you're not already pursuing? *) and put those into an email for
people here to discuss. Sending the file you sent me, though, would
create a lot of unnecessary noise on this list, I think.

*I've floated the idea with the ISO 639/RA-JAC of adding a
special-purpose ID for "n/a -- no linguistic content" cases.

Peter Constable