Swiss german, spoken

Mark Davis mark.davis at jtcsv.com
Wed Jun 15 18:34:40 CEST 2005

When I lived in Switzerland, Swiss German was the English name the Swiss
gave to Schwyzertüütsch (which can have different spellings). It was not the
name of the variant of High German used in Switzerland. However, the fact
that the latter is characterized as de-CH is common practice, but I don't
think there is any formal substantiation of that anywhere in RFC 3066.

About Swiss German there is a nice article at
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schweizerdeutsch .

‎Mark