I approve the registration of es-419 (Latin American Spanish)

JFC (Jefsey) Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Tue Jun 14 02:23:10 CEST 2005

This mail had been sent my mistake to Michael Everson:

On 23:09 13/06/2005, Michael Everson said:
>At 13:59 -0700 2005-06-13, Mark Davis wrote:
>>I am personally in favor of this proposal, but formally 2 weeks have to pass
>>to allow for objections according to RFC3066.
>
>I consider this a follow-on from the es-americas request which was for the
>*same* entity. There is no reason to wait 2 weeks on this one. So unless
>you REALLY have an objection I see no reason not to approve it
>immediately. I detect strong consensus *for* this tag.

I would agree. But I have a small problem: what does tell people that 419
is Latin America? I plan to heavily use E.164 and X.121, my plan was to use
e33 for France and x310 for the USA or something like it. Objection to use
u419? Or to document in some list best practice that default is UN?

(obviously this is for the  ASCII grid - in our approach non ASCII grids
will follow their interindexed parallel system).
jfc