IETF language tags list

JFC (Jefsey) Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Tue Jun 14 02:34:11 CEST 2005

Dear Mr. Everson,
Removing the non-technical "bullshits" and "bollocks" (sic) and violent
ad-hominems, which should provoke at least a warning, I note for the
records the following points you prompted yourself in commenting what was a
detailed and serious technical explanation your were totally in your right
to disagree with, not to insult.

At 01:24 14/06/2005, Michael Everson wrote:
>I don't know, and I don't care, what ISO 11179 and ISO 12620 are.
>What the bejeezus is a "Class"? (Please don't answer.)
>THIS list is not about "multilingual internet classes". It's about codes
>that represent the names of languages
>RFC 3066 language tags do not have "registration numbers". Or if they do
>it is of no consequence.
>
>>And I will then make a BCP
>No idea what this is.
>
>>informing the Internet community
>No idea who these are. My dad?
>
>>based upon that class number to avoid conflicts with the Chinese
>>externets CNNIC
>No idea what CNNIC could be.
>
>>could start using the tags you registered for Mike
>Who the hell is Mike?
>
>>(but only one for all the langtags ...) and ICANN four years ago, and Bob
>>Tréhin and Joe Rinde to establish the first international system,
>Whatever that is.
>
>>OSI
>Whatever that is.
>
>>copied as CUGs
>Whatever those are.

As far as I am concerned, I consider this dialog totally unproductive. I
will pursue the work engaged with some of the civilised members of this
list through direct mails and phone calls as we are now unfortunately used
to, when confronted to your linguistic expertise.

It would certainly appreciated by several if you would apologise.
jfc