Swiss german, spoken

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Mon Jun 13 18:51:27 CEST 2005

> From: JFC (Jefsey) Morfin [mailto:jefsey at jefsey.com]

> 2. IMHO the main problem of ISO 639-3 you will face is the duplicates
with
> ISO 639-4. They may unnecessarily delay both. You should clarify.

Duplicates between ISO 639-3 and ISO 639-4? Whatever are you talking
about. ISO 639-3 has a code table, while ISO 639-4 will not. Both will
define terms, etc., some of which are duplicates, just as is the case
between 639-3 and 639-1, but these are being developed in a coherent
manner. I suggest that you get clarification before commenting further.

Peter Constable