Swiss german, spoken

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Mon Jun 13 16:55:15 CEST 2005

> From: ietf-languages-bounces at alvestrand.no [mailto:ietf-languages-
> bounces at alvestrand.no] On Behalf Of John.Cowan

> "Alemannisch" is indeed an alternate name listed by the
> Ethnologue, but the standard name used by the Ethnologue (and
> a fortiori by FDIS 639-3)...

Correction: 639-3 has not yet advanced to the FDIS (final draft int'l
standard) stage. It is currently under ballot as DIS, which ballot
period closes in a few weeks. If approved without a large number of
technical comments (which I anticipate), it will be submitted for FDIS
ballot, but if not approved or if there are many comments requesting
technical changes, then it could remain at the DIS stage.

Peter Constable