language tag structure

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Tue Jan 18 08:04:55 CET 2005

> From: JFC (Jefsey) Morfin [mailto:jefsey at jefsey.com]

> >The term "encoding" is *not* conventionally used to refer to the
script
> >used for writing texts, and is certainly not what I was referring to
> >when I said we don't want to describe encoding format.
>
> True. I and this is not the way I use it.

JFC, one increasingly gets the impression that you have no reserve at
taking great liberties with words -- both your own and those of others.

You earlier said,

> The script _is_ an encoding format. Together with founts, etc.

and now you say you have not referred to script as encoding.

In the past day or so, people have raised concerns with ideas you have
presented, but you respond in each case to the effect of, "So I'm happy
to see you support my ideas."

Why should anyone discuss anything with someone who operates this way?

Peter Constable