draft-phillips-langtags-08, process, sp ecifications, "stability", and extensions

Bob Braden braden at ISI.EDU
Fri Jan 7 01:05:16 CET 2005

  *>
  *> It occurs to me that a Last Call for an independent submission has an added requirement to satisfy, namely that the community supports adoption of the work.  We take a working group as a demonstration of community support.  (However we used to pressure for explicit statements during Last Call.)  My feeling is that an independent submission MUST show significant support during Last Call.
  *>

Dave,

Just to set the record straight, this is NOT an independent submission,
as we have been using this term.  It is an *individual IETF* submission.

(But BTW I agree completely with the thrust of your comment.)

Bob Braden