draft-phillips-langtags-08, process, sp ecifications,

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Thu Jan 6 20:56:37 CET 2005

> From: Dave Crocker <dhc2 at dcrocker.net>

> It occurs to me that a Last Call for an independent submission has an
added
> requirement to satisfy, namely that the community supports adoption of
the work.
> We take a working group as a demonstration of community support.

You say "the community", though surely a working group is only
representative of "a community" or a portion of "the community".

In this case, there is a least "a community", represented by members of
the IETF-anguages list.

> And, indeed, I haven't seen much support for the document under
discussion.

??!! If there wasn't much support, surely the discussion would have died
a few weeks ago shortly after it started.

Peter Constable