draft-phillips-langtags-08, process, specifications, "stability", and extensions

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Thu Jan 6 16:11:32 CET 2005

At 06:44 -0800 2005-01-06, ned.freed at mrochek.com wrote:

>No, what there has been is a lot of discussion of a real problem with no
>apparent recognition of it as such by the draft authors.

I have no idea what the problem is, unless we are back at a bunch of
people who want these tags and subtags to do more than what they are
supposed to do, which is to identify varieties of language.

Almost everything that comes through to this list I have been
deleting unread for months, as it has nothing to do with my function
here. It goes on, and on, and on, and on. And now it's getting nasty
and personal.

Perhaps we should NOT revise the damn thing at all, and stick with
the current RFC.