IDN and language

JFC (Jefsey) Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Tue Jan 4 19:35:42 CET 2005

John,
you confuse scripting and languages in here. ccTLD defines the scripting
tables they accept for a language. The Draft is acceptable if the
information it conveys is for the information of the applications which may
use it (I do not see many which may be happy with it on the long range). It
is not acceptable if it wants to impose its paucerty and rigidity to
everyone. Now as a French registrant I do not know what is the French
character set that AFNIC could use. As a  French speaking ccTLD Registry
Manager I may file another one. Again the problem is the confusion. What
are we talking about?

There is an increased feeling that this confusion is on purpose. To favor
en-ascii and to patent proprietary solutions on top of the RFC 3066 bis
"standard" in order to address users real needs. I doubt this will fly as a
"consensus".

jfc