Proposed new subtags, when the time comes

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Sat Dec 10 07:53:03 CET 2005

John.Cowan <jcowan at reutershealth dot com> wrote:

> If you don't mind a little extra work, how about showing the Section
> 3.5 registration forms as well?  That would be handy to have about,
> to point future requesters to.

I don't mind the work.  In a way, though, we're talking about two
different things here: (1) the format the Reviewer uses for submitting
new subtags, in this case the compulsory ones based on core standards,
and (2) the request form used by individual submitters to submit
proposed (perhaps just-invented) subtags to ietf-languages for
discussion.  If the Reviewer approves a new subtag submitted in format
(2), he submits the new record to IANA in format (1).

Perhaps the best approach for me would be to write a separate page on
"How to Request a New RFC 3066bis Subtag" and link the current page to
it.

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California, USA