[rt.icann.org #3389] FW: I approve the registration of zh-cmn (Mandarin Chinese)

Addison Phillips addison.phillips at quest.com
Tue Aug 30 22:24:12 CEST 2005

Nynorsk (i.e. "no-nyn") was deprecated (actually, a number of tags are deprecated) because an ISO 639 code was created to replace it.

A better example of an existing deprecation would be "i-hak", which is deprecated in favor of "zh-hakka" (that is, one registration replacing another one), which this is also an example of.

I support making this change.

Addison

Addison P. Phillips
Globalization Architect, Quest Software
Chair, W3C Internationalization Core Working Group

Internationalization is not a feature.
It is an architecture.