gem-CH LANGUAGE TAG REGISTRATION FORM

Addison Phillips [wM] aphillips at webmethods.com
Mon Sep 27 23:00:00 CEST 2004

No reason to be pessimistic about the post-3066 world. After all, both Mark and I are back from vacation now (on the same day, even). I haven't seen any objection to moving forward with draft-06 (provided I fix the few errata that I promised Peter I would fix on this list and missed).

I agree that using the IANA registry (under any regime) to correct errors and omissions in ISO 639 is a bad idea. It is far better, IMO, to petition ISO 639 to create a code that is specific enough than to create registrations that later become deprecated (much of the IANA registry consists of such junk today). The 3066bis draft, in fact, is much more explicit about this on purpose.

Addison

Addison P. Phillips
Director, Globalization Architecture
http://www.webMethods.com
Chair, W3C Internationalization (I18N) Working Group
http://www.w3.org/International

It is not a feature.