Item rejected by ISO 639 JAC

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Wed Sep 22 10:16:16 CEST 2004

At 17:53 -0700 2004-09-21, Michael-Forest wrote:
>Might I enquire in what ways Jèrriais failed to meet ISO 639-2 criteria,

I am not a voting member of the committee that
makes the decisions, but I assume it is because
it was judged that Jèrriais was a dialect of
French.

>and also where I would go to propose a code
>under RFC 3066 (and where I can find out more
>about RFC 3066 codes)?

These are extensions to language codes for
exactly the purpose of distinguishing dialects.
See
http://www.evertype.com/standards/iso639/iana-lang-assignments.html
for a list of current assignments. I have cc:d
the discussion list for the RFC; I am not sure
how you subscribe to it.