ISO 15924

Tex Texin tex at xencraft.com
Mon May 3 09:25:21 CEST 2004

Michael,

This is welcome news and congratulations.

The web page says:
"Additions to the ISO 15924 codes for scripts will be announced on the Unicode
discussion list. Discussion about ISO 15924 and script codes is welcome on this
list. "

Although I have no objections to announcements and discussion additionally on
the Unicode list, can I respectfully suggest there should also be a list
dedicated to 15924, so that people looking for announcements etc specific to
ISO 15924, won't miss them in the other Unicode traffic?

I understand that there is overlap if there are 2 lists. If a separate
discussion list is undersirable, then at least a separate list just for
announcements, seems called for. (And the announcements can be made to more
than one list, as was done in this case.)

hth

tex

Michael Everson wrote:

> The Unicode Consortium has been designated as Registration Authority
> for ISO 15924; I have been engaged by the Consortium to act as
> Registrar.
>
> The ISO 15924 web site is now online at http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/
>
> The Registrar requests that the e-mail list iso15924 at dkuug.dk be
> discontinued, with thanks to Keld Simonsen and DKUUG for making it
> available as the standard was developed. Discussion of ISO 15924
> matters should take place on the general unicode at unicode.org list.
>
> As originator and editor of this standard, I would like to thank
> everyone who participated in its development, and trust that it will
> be a useful standard for our work.
> --
> Michael Everson * * Everson Typography *  * http://www.evertype.com

Tex Texin   cell: +1 781 789 1898   mailto:Tex at XenCraft.com

Making e-Business Work Around the World