an old item: es-americas

Mark Crispin mrc at CAC.Washington.EDU
Thu Mar 25 20:55:03 CET 2004

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Addison Phillips [wM] wrote:
> There are some problems with using a '/', not the least of which is
> incompatibility with existing implementations (because it includes
> additional currently illegal characters in the tag).

Which is why I suggested it.  "/" is not currently permitted inside tags,
which makes it perfect as a delimiter for a new functionality.

AFAIK, the upper-level protocols all have syntax rules by which such can
be used.  For example, in the Content-Language header in messages,
will work because quoting renders es/americas into a word.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.