New language identifier in ISO 639 - Classical Newari

Harald Tveit Alvestrand harald at alvestrand.no
Sat Mar 6 23:20:40 CET 2004

I'm sure everyone knows but me, but I'm insatiably curious:

what's Newari, and what's the difference between classical Newari and
colloquial Newari?

(a brief websearch gave the info that it's probably a language spoken in
Nepal and commonly written in Devangari, but not much more than that....)

                    Harald