comments on the draft...

John Cowan cowan at
Tue Jun 8 03:00:21 CEST 2004

Peter Constable scripsit:

> I'm concerned with the semantics. For instance, what do we say "1904"
> means? Somewhere, we need to say, "the German spelling conventions
> established in 1904".

What about a broader interpretation, such as "orthography as of 1904"?
True, this may not be very useful for anything but de, but at least it's

John Cowan  jcowan at
"It's the old, old story.  Droid meets droid.  Droid becomes chameleon.
Droid loses chameleon, chameleon becomes blob, droid gets blob back
again.  It's a classic tale."  --Kryten, Red Dwarf