I approve the registration of es-americas (Latin American Spanish)

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Tue Jun 1 21:26:51 CEST 2004

> From: ietf-languages-bounces at alvestrand.no [mailto:ietf-languages-
> bounces at alvestrand.no] On Behalf Of Michael Everson

> >So, I'm curious to know what suddenly changed after 20 1/2 months?
>
> It doesn't really matter, now, does it?

When there has been no discussion on the list regarding a particular
request for a year and a half and the registrar suddenly registers an
item without inviting input on whether the people looking for it still
perceived the exact same need or if there aren't any remaining
objections, I think there's a reasonable concern about process.
Evidently there are factors affecting the decisions of the registrar
beyond discussion and consensus on this list. I think it's reasonable to
know what those factors are.

Peter

Peter Constable
Microsoft Windows Division