Alpha-4 language codes

Lee Gillam l.gillam at eim.surrey.ac.uk
Mon Jul 12 10:33:05 CEST 2004

John,

Wherever a higher degree of precision is required. How about: "collections"
of endangered languages? Example: spoken language recorded from the
Middle Chulym, a 'tribe' with 426 members (only 35 fluent speakers).
WHEN would it be used? When people want to share such resources beyond
their own labs - Napster for Linguistic Anthropologists?