Sample IANA language subtag registry

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Sun Jul 11 22:49:52 CEST 2004

I've added the likely candidates for registered variant subtags and
grandfathered whole-tags to my prototype language subtag registry.
Cruise on over to:

http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/lstreg.txt

and skip to the phrase "registered variants".

Even those who don't agree about putting all the ISO and UN codes in
this registry should be interested in this part.

I added a batch of comments at the end to indicate the "superseded"
codes.  I still don't know if this is what Appendix C means by saying
that certain tags should be "marked as 'superseded'."

We can probably agree that all of the items marked "(not listed)" should
in fact be listed.  The only one that really matters is sl-nedis, not
listed at http://www.iana.org/assignments/lang-tag-apps.htm.  I think we
can agree that this tag exists, even though there is no registration
form for it at http://www.iana.org/assignments/lang-tags/sl-nedis (BTW,
I goofed in my earlier message by saying it was sl-rozaj).  The other
two, sgn-ZA and uz-Arab, are self-evident and automatically defined in
RFC 3066bis.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California
 http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/