Why does it take so long?

Mark Davis mark.davis at jtcsv.com
Fri Jan 9 17:12:47 CET 2004

15 is nicer than 16 because 0..15 fits in 4 bits. Not a major issue, but since
it is such a minor change, and because 16 is chosen to have plenty of
discrimination space, it's a good change.

We tried to be careful to produce a grammar that accepted all generated codes
from RFC 3066, plus it grandfathered in all registered codes. So it would be a
complete superset of everything that worked under RFC 3066. It would not allow
in all codes that *could have been registered*, but that is not a problem once
it goes into effect and the registry switches over. If you think that for any
reason we have not accomplished this, please let us know.

Mark
http://www.macchiato.com
► शिष्यादिच्छेत्पराजयम् ◄