-08 comments

Addison Phillips [wM] aphillips at webmethods.com
Wed Dec 8 18:20:19 CET 2004

The current status is that we are awaiting a new Last Call. Our document's shepherd, Ted Hardie, has been on vacation and that's the current hold up.

Once the Last Call is issued, we expect to be able to demonstrate general consensus for this document. Of course we will continue to address specific comments from the community in the LC process. This should last the required time period of about six weeks, followed by the IESG's decision and any remaining details. Early next year looks like a reasonable target date to proceed to BCP status.

I have begun drafting a response to Tex's specific comments and had a telephone chat with him about them briefly yesterday to ensure that we close the loop on some of his issues. You'll see our response here on this list when we're complete with them, probably today or tomorrow. The big delay on that is that I'm rebuilding our issues list for the Last Call process and including Tex's comments there.

I believe that we are close to finishing this work. I'm excited to have it come to fruition (and exhausted by the effort at the same time).

Addison

Addison P. Phillips
Director, Globalization Architecture
http://www.webMethods.com

Chair, W3C Internationalization Working Group
http://www.w3.org/International

It is not a feature.