-08 comments

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Wed Dec 8 06:48:22 CET 2004

I'm glad to see the draft getting reviewed, and think that Tex has made
some valid comments.

At the same time, I'd like to see this project brought to completion
(I'm sure Addison and Mark feel the same) so that we can get on with
preparing implementations. There will inevitably be additional
refinements that can be identified for some time if we keep the process
open-ended. But then we'll never be able to implement.

With that in mind, I'd like to ask if it would be possible to get some
process set in place that can ensure that this round of revision gets
closed and that a new BCP gets accepted within some set time frame?

(I don't want to detract at all from your comments, Tex; it's just that
this revision process formally started almost 13 months ago now --
2003-11-14 -- and it needs closure.)

Peter Constable