Proposed Successor to RFC 3066 (language tags)

Debbie Garside debbie at ictmarketing.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 16:14:03 CET 2003

As an expert in languages and coding systems, I am sorry that you cannot see
the use of the Linguasphere product in globalisation/defence/mobile
technologies/internet applications to mention but a few.  As to the
Linguasphere database being expensive... it has never been offered for sale.
The printed register is available for £100 plus P+P to interested parties.
However, Linguasphere have given many many copies of the register away free
in exchange for updated information from experts such as yourself.  If you
would like a copy of the Register and would like to suggest corrections or
make comments on its content you will find our response most welcoming;
Indeed Linguasphere actively encourages contact with linguists worldwide in
order to correct, add and update the information.

I see that you are based in Dublin, I will have occasion to be in Dublin 4-5
times a year for the next 3 years starting in January (in relation to
another international project with Irish partners based in Dublin) I would
welcome the opportunity to meet with you in order to discuss the methodology
for distinguishing language and dialect and to deliver a copy of the
Linguasphere register at the same time.

Kind regards

Debbie Garside