Northern Ireland

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Sat May 31 19:32:01 CEST 2003

At 18:22 +0100 2003-05-31, Marion Gunn wrote:
>Scríobh Mark Crispin <mrc at CAC.Washington.EDU>:
>>What does this have to do with ietf-languages or unicode?
>
>Some of us here decide to present the following question, Mark:
>
>>What, then, is the code for the English of 'Northern Ireland'?
>>(GB+NI=UK.)
>
>And got a political proposal from Reuters, which is of no help.

No you didn't. You got a response from an expert in
internationalization, and you mixed your own political agenda into it.

>Do you (in Washington.EDU) have some response to that question?

I, the Language Tag Reviewer, already suggested en-GB-ulster as a
possibility to describe the linguistic entity in question. And I
asked you to do some homework if you wanted this to be discussed
further.