Timetable for action: May 31 is suggested

Peter_Constable at sil.org Peter_Constable at sil.org
Tue May 27 22:14:04 CEST 2003

Tex Texin wrote on 05/27/2003 08:23:41 PM:

> > IMO, Michael should act one way or another: either approve Mark's
requests
> > (with all -- I think -- of the individuals from whom he had explicitly
> > asked for nods of the head having done so); or he should explicitly
reject
> > Mark's request and explain what plan of action he wants to see pursued.
> > can understand John, Mark, Addison and others being frustrated by the
> > current limbo.
>
> ok. I offered a 3rd course, which is essentially to have a plan of action
> without rejecting it.

Right, that is another option. As long as people can feel like we're not
just spinning wheels.

> I thought some of the frustration was due to unvoiced objections and the
> open-endedness.

My sense of the frustration was that there seemed to be very much a
majority in favour of Mark's requests (not all of those parties necessarily
assuming there were no other long term issues to be sorted out), but that
the Reviewer was simply refusing to act.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485