Putting it another way

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Wed May 28 02:47:17 CEST 2003

Mark, if, as is obvious from the forcefulness with which you are
pressing the issue, the registration of these specific codes is so
important to you, it would be worth your while to put your effort
into working out a syntax that is acceptable and workable to evaluate
other applications for language tag registration. Otherwise I, as
language tag reviewer, will be put in the position of opening a
Pandora's box of registrations that will render RFC 3066 irrelevant
to any meaningful resolution of language/script identification,
something which will not do you, me or others who are interested in a
durable resolution to this problem, any favours.