Timetable for action: May 31 is suggested

Peter_Constable at sil.org Peter_Constable at sil.org
Mon May 26 11:05:00 CEST 2003

John Clews wrote on 05/26/2003 09:35:50 AM:

> I my view we now need a timetable for action, whereby either
> (a) the Language Tag Reviewer allocates tags, or
> (b) the Language Tag Reviewer and any other interested parties put in
>     writing the specific difficulties about allocating tags (other
>     than just hunches or feelings) - a suggestion I made before but
>     which was not taken up by those involved, or
> (c) those who feel that they need to do so, set in motion the appeals
>     process about the Language Tag Review process.

I would simplify this: a deadline by which either

(i) the Language Tag Reviewer approves Mark's requests, or

(ii) the Language Tag Reviewer rejects Mark's requests (allowing him to
begin the appeal process)

This is, after all, what the RFC guarantees to requesters.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485