Encoding scripts in tags: evil or just unpleasant?

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Fri May 23 10:03:38 CEST 2003

Peter_Constable at sil.org scripsit:

> I wouldn't be able to comment on whether the idea of including script IDs
> is being abused for inappropriate purposes in any requests until I had a
> chance to review what's been happening.

In a nutshell: if a language is written predominantly in one script, but
also in others, should there be a lang-script registration for the dominant
as well as the occasional scripts?

(There is also a question whether Cyrillic is dominant in this sense for
Serbian, or whether Latin and Cyrillic are equally significant scripts.)

--
Said Agatha Christie / To E. Philips Oppenheim  John Cowan
"Who is this Hemingway? / Who is this Proust?   jcowan at reutershealth.com
Who is this Vladimir / Whatchamacallum,         http://www.reutershealth.com
This neopostrealist / Rabble?" she groused.     http://www.ccil.org/cowan
        --author unknown to me; any suggestions?