en-GB-oxford LANGUAGE TAG REGISTRATION FORM

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Sun Jun 15 17:07:56 CEST 2003

At 07:57 -0700 2003-06-15, Mark Crispin wrote:
>On Sun, 15 Jun 2003, Michael Everson wrote:
>>  Eh? OED orthography differs from "modern British" only in its
>>  preference of -ize to -ise for words using that Greek suffix.
>
>Sounds like Canadian English orthography.
>
>>  I prefer Oxford spelling to "British" spelling, and I prefer
>>  "British" spelling to Webster's reformed orthography.
>
>Needless to say, those preferences are not universal; but fortunately we
>have no need to discuss that matter.

ISO prefers Oxford spelling. :-)

I don't care if other people are happy with "British" spelling, but
it is a real pain not to be able to select Oxford spelling
dictionaries, always to be faced with a binary choice.

>Harald's suggestion of en-oed sounds good.

I don't see how it is superior to en-GB-oed though. Or what is wrong
with that anyway.