hierarchy in language tags

Sean M. Burke sburke at cpan.org
Wed Feb 12 04:31:55 CET 2003

At 11:32 AM 2003-02-12 +0000, Jon Hanna quoted Martin Duerst saying:
>"The hierarchy of language tags is a feature that can be used, not a
>feature that must be used."

Hm, it's it being a "feature" sounds a long way from it being "shown to be
ill-advised".

Anyway, personally I'm trying to see any trouble with assuming that
XX.  There are a few cases where it is likely to do the wrong thing, but I
have a feeling that those are exceptional cases.

--
Sean M. Burke    http://search.cpan.org/~sburke/