What a Locale is.... (Re: [Fwd]: Response to Mark's message])

Peter_Constable at sil.org Peter_Constable at sil.org
Tue Apr 15 09:31:08 CEST 2003

Jon Hanna wrote on 04/15/2003 06:34:53 AM:

> Implicit in my argument though is
> the notion that zh-Hant-HK is not a suitable value for accept-language,
but
> rather for a more inclusive header that may eventually replace
> accept-language, but for now should be able to co-exist.

You're assuming that we can create a model involving new metadata
categories, and get support for these incorporated into various systems,
such as the HTTP protocol and HTTP servers. But wasn't that already
discussed in this thread, with the conclusion that the likelihood of
success in that was very low? (I seem to recall that comment being made,
but perhaps I'm mistaken. I guess I could review the archive to find
out...)

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485